How Pets Help Our Mental Health
- Pets give us unconditional love.
- They Boost our Self-Esteem. We rise to the occasion of caring for another.
- Pets Increase our Physical Activity and this Improves our Mental Health and Positive Emotions.
- Pets Get Us in a Healthy Routine that counterbalances negative moods.
- Pets especially dogs help us meet others. Broader social Network and Engagement.
- Pets Provide Healing Touch. They demand it.
- Owning a Pet increases health and longevity.
How Pets Help Our Mental Health – See the WZZM 13 Article and Interview
Matthew Clark, Psy.D.